About Dr. Coberly
Below you will find a summary of Dr. Dana Coberly’s educational background, professional experience, and some of her personal achievements and interests.
Dr. Coberly completed her general surgery training at the University of South Florida. She devoted a year to research focusing on skin wound healing and laser resurfacing at the prestigious University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas. Dr. Coberly continued her training in the UT Southwestern Plastic Surgery Program, considered one of the foremost cosmetic plastic surgical training programs in the country. She received extensive training and experience in laser therapy and skin rejuvenation, and looks forward to combining her experience with innovative new therapies to optimize your results.
American Society of Plastic Surgeons
American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Dr. Coberly is a past President of the Tampa Bay Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
1989-1993 Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK. Bachelor of Science, Pre-Veterinary Medicine
1993-1997 University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA. Doctor of Medicine
1997-2000 University of South Florida, Tampa, FL. General Surgery Residency
2000-2001 University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas, TX. Plastic Surgery Research Fellow
2001-2003 University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas, TX. Plastic Surgery Residency
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Plastic Surgery Residency:
- Chief Resident Research Award
- Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation Scientific Essay Contest Investigator Award, Third Prize, Co-Author, 2001
General Surgery Residency:
Outstanding Intern Award
- Medical Student Research Fellowship
- Ruth Johnson Memorial Scholar
- Delegate to American College of Surgeons Clinical Congress Medical Student Program
- Presidents Distinguished Scholar
- Regents Distinguished Scholar
- Alpha Zeta Scholar
- Flemming Memorial Scholar
- Pi Delta Sigma Honor Society
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- Top Five Senior in Animal Science
- S Thompson, J Canady, DM Coberly, et al. Effects of TGFЯ on Collagen Synthesis in Cultured and Normal Fetal Mouse Palates. Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal,36:5, 1999
- RJ Rohrich, DM Coberly, J Kreuger, SA Brown. Planning Elective Operations on Patients who Smoke:Survey of North American Plastic Surgeons, Plast. Reconstr. Surg, 109:1;350-355, 2002
Referenced in Family Circle.
- S Brown, D Coberly, R Rohrich, J Chao. Gene Bank Accession #AF508348.1, GI:21321582. Rattus norvegicus platelet-derived growth factor C mRNA, partial cds. 2002.
- O Khodaparast, DM Coberly, J Mathey, RJ Rohrich, LS Levin, SA Brown. Effect of a transpositional muscle flap on VEGF mRNA expression in a canine fracture model. Plast Reconstr Surg. Jul;112(1):171-6. 2003
- RJ Rohrich, DM Coberly, S Fagien, JM Stuzin. Current concepts in aesthetic upper blepharoplasty. review. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2004 Mar;113(3):32e-42e
- SA Brown, DM Coberly, M Coimbra, JJ Chao, RJ Rohrich. Oral nutritional supplementation accelerates skin wound healing: a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-arm, crossover study.
Plast Reconstr Surg. 2004 Jul;114(1):237-44
- Jejunal Cannulation with a Pyloric Cannulator via Stamm Gastrostomy. D Coberly, C Doherty, M Winkler. Poster Presentation – American College of Surgeons Clinical Congress, Chicago, 1997
- Deciding on Elective Operations on Smoking Patients: Survey of North American Plastic Surgeons. R Rohrich, D Coberly, J Kreuger, S Brown, Annual Meeting of ASAPS & ASERF, New York, 2001
- Platelet Derived Growth Factor-C (PDGF-C) in Wound Healing. D Coberly, J Chao, S Brown. Plastic Surgery Research Council, Milwaukee, 2001
- Platelet Derived Growth Factor-C (PDGF-C) in Wound Healing. D Coberly, J Chao, S Brown. Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons, Dallas, 2001
- Platelet Derived Growth Factor-C (PDGF-C) Expression in Diabetic Wound Healing, D Coberly, J Chao, M Coimbra, S Brown. Plastic Surgery Research Council, Boston, 2002.
- Platelet Derived Growth Factor-C (PDGF-C) Expression in Diabetic Wound Healing, D Coberly, J Chao, M Coimbra, S Brown. Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons, Houston, 2002.
- Efficacy of Nutritional Supplementation in Wound Healing. D Coberly, SA Brown Coimbra, J Chao, R Rohrich. Senior Residents Conference, Las Angeles, 2003.
- Oral Enzyme Product Accelerates Wound Healing, D Coberly, SA Brown, M Coimbra, J Chao, R Rohrich. Plastic Surgery Research Council, Las Vegas, NV, 2003.